Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £57K DOE
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Industry: Process Equipment / Plant (Die Casting / Chemical)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in design, manufacture, installation and management of process plant equipment/machinery based in Coventry. Due to team expansion and winning new projects an opportunity has arisen for a Principal Product Engineer leading a team of engineers and collaborating with other engineering divisions. Full life-cycle engineering from concept through to delivery.
The Principal Product Engineer will report to the Operations Manager and will provide commercial and technical support for the development, design manufacture and delivery of the Die Casting Projects & Products. Working with the stakeholders to provide front line customer support for the product and the process.
Personality / Personal Situation
- Confident, self –driven and enthusiastic
- Accountable and results oriented
- Team player – working in an open plan office
- Flexible, committed and conscientious
- Able to work within a busy and demanding environment
- Willing to challenge the system
- Required to work weekends (usually Saturday) in busy periods
- Able to work away from home in the UK & oversea for extended periods
Qualifications / Experience
- Professional Qualifications – HNC (min) Mechanical & Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Solid Engineering background with 5 years+ process experience in automotive die casting industry or similar manufacturing environment.
- Project Management (including budget ownership)
- Client management (technical/commercial environment)
- AutoCAD 2D and AutoCAD Inventor 3D design package or similar
- Experience and understanding standard regulations (e.g. CE Marking, risk assessments, systems and mechanics)
- Metal working experience
- R&D and/or New Product Development (NPD) knowledge and experience.
- Man management / leadership skills
- Able to facilitate change management
- Design of process equipment or similar
- Computer literate with IT infrastructure and architecture skills
- Attention to detail/logical
- Ability to work to deadlines
- International travel will be required (depending on project)