Job Title: Principal RF Design Engineer
Industry: Electronics, Engineering, Manufacturing,
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits Paclage: 5% pension, 4 x salary ‘Death in Service’ & 25 days holiday plus bank holidays = 33 annually
An excellent World Leading Engineering Specialist company based in Northamptonshire who have a significant presence in multiple industries including Electronics, Manufacturing, Aviation & Aerospace and many more have a new opening position within the dynamic engineering team and they're now looking to hire for a either a Senior or Principal RF Design Engineer to join the accomplished Engineering team that constantly develop & design world class cutting edge engineering products on a global scale.
The salary on offer is £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on experience with excellent benefits too. The Specialist RF Design Engineering candidate will need to either have SC Clearance, eligible for SC Clearance or to be British Passport Holder.
Role: The Senior/Principal RF Design Engineer is to take a design concept or idea, create the design specification to match the complete system requirement and then take accountability for that design through to production and provide on-going assistance.
Senior/Principal RF Design Engineer Key Skills:
- 5-10+ years industry experience
- A degree in Engineering (Electronics, Electrical), Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline
- RF frequency design experience from 20MHz-6GHz, output powers up to 50-100Watts.
- Ideally the candidate will be able to design and have knowledge of PA’s, up/down convertors, filters and have RF system experience.
- Design experience and a thorough understanding of RF communication systems/products
- Practical experience of testing prototype RF circuitry using standard RF laboratory equipment
- Proven track record using Cadence AWR Microwave Office and Ansys HFSS
- Schematic design and PCB layout experience
- Excellent knowledge of the latest RF components and technologies.
- Able to develop initial ideas and prototype them quickly
- Provide documentation such that testing can be done effectively by others for production use.
- Good understanding of digital modulation techniques particularly COFDM
Bonus nice skills to have:
- Experience of design in the defence or aerospace sector
- A working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
- Design of associated DC supplies including switch mode power supplies (SMPS) and DC sequencing circuitry for power amplifiers.
- Design of Antennas
If you or someone you may know could be interested in the role as the Senior/Principal RF Design Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.