SALARY- £38,000-£45,000 per annum (hybrid working)
We are looking for a Procurement Lead on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area to work closely with manufacturing. The ideal candidate will ensure the business has the required material in order to deliver product to the customer on time to the correct quality within target costs.
The Procurement Lead will ideally have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Buying/ Purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Educated to HNC/HND level or work based experience
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Self- motivated individual
- Works effectively in a small team
- Flexible approach to meeting deadlines
- Inventory management. Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product lifecycle and business requirements.
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP.
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives – deliver cost savings through skilled negotiation
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Product Development - Support relevant new product build activities involving suppliers, taking full ownership of new product parts from order placement through to availability in the factory, for each build cycle
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working. Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out.
- Supplier Quality – work with suppliers and other departments to ensure robust corrective actions are in place to deal with non-conformity
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s (OTD, Quality, PPV) and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.