Industry: Special Purpose Machinery
Salary: £40K – £45K, depending on Experience
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading manufacturing company based in Birmingham. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Product Compliance Manager to join the Manufacturing team on a Permanent basis. You will ensure the solutions they continue to offer their customers meet with both theirs, and the industries expectation of a market leading organization.
As part of the Engineering Team, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Product Compliance Engineer will ensure the existing product portfolio continues to meet regulatory standards and approvals, and that new product developments are designed for compliance.
- Generate, review, and regularly maintain all product technical files, preparing and issuing declaration of conformities for new product development activity and for existing product ranges.
- Product risk assessments
- Generation and adherence to all relevant EHSRs
- Monitor and report on new and updated regulations and standards and their impacts on the company’s products.
- Perform, and/or manage third parties when conducting compliance audits on new development and existing products.
- Support sales teams on identification of applicable legislation in potential target markets.
- Where required investigate global compliance market requirements, identify and investigate areas of unknown legislation, consult with specialist and provide guidance on best route to conformity to the business.
- Respond to customer requests for compliance information.
- Support sister companies when introducing beverage equipment into EMEA markets.
- Perform compliance assessments and provide compliance guidance on PCTO projects.
- Interact with the supply chain and suppliers to source necessary compliance information for technical files.
- Generation of product installation and user guides, ensuring that all relevant compliance and safety information pertaining to the product is incorporated.
- Ensuring compliance to external manufacturing regulatory bodies, NSF, UL, TUV, CSA, etc. Subject to external independent audits.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of hands-on experience with machinery, be it design, development, engineering management or maintenance.
- To enjoy manufacturing and machinery and have some understanding of user requirements
- Evidence of good working knowledge and understanding of the following EU Directives:
- Machinery Directive
- EMC Directive
- RED Directive
- ROHS Directive
- Experience in CE and UKCA compliance, and working with C Type-standards (testing requirements, process, and procedures)
- Experience of the REACH Regulation, SVHCs, SCIPs and being able to assess compliance.
- Experience of testing to UL & NSF standards for sale into international markets
- Experience of working with reliable third party test facilities
- Knowledge of additional EU and UK legislation applicable:
- Food safety legislation in contact with food
- Water regulations e.g. WRAS, DVGW, ACS
- Qualification or equivalent experience in; Electrical Engineering
- And/or Mechanical Engineering
- And/or Other Technical discipline
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING - DESIRABLE
- Understanding EU Directives / UK Statutory Instruments, and ability to identify which standards are applicable to show presumption of conformity.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Machinery knowledge
- Project Management
SKILLS, PERSONAL QUALITIES, & ABILITIES
- Manage own workload and work under minimal supervision
- Proactive work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpret technical documentation and clearly communicate requirements
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams
Hours –08.00 - 17.00 Mon - Thursday and 08.00-13.00 Friday
If you could be interested in the role as a Product Compliance Manager, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information