Job Type: Permanent
Location: King’s Lynn
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading manufacturer of commercial products based in King’s Lynn, Norfolk. Due to new product requirements, the engineering team currently requires the appointment of an additional Product Design Engineer.
The Product Design Engineer will support the design of each product including all associated 2D and 3D CAD.
You will be involved with all aspects of product design from defining customer needs through to product delivery. Project scale will vary from small customer specific projects over a 3-6 month duration through to market driven projects worth £10m per year over 1-3 years.
Responsibilities of Product Design Engineer
- Responsible for product design using Solidworks (Other 3D skills / experience i.e. Pro-E/Creo will be acceptable, as Solidworks training will be given as appropriate)
- Project management of new product introduction (NPI)
- Continuous improvement and quality performance of existing products
- Ensure design solutions optimise process capability and capacity
- Customer support throughout the product life regarding new applications and in use performance
- Identification, assessment and implementation of new technology or methodologies
- Manage DFM/DFA activities involving relevant departments and suppliers
- Contribute both project engineering and electro/mechanical design experience, taking products from initial client specifications through to manufacturing drawings including bill of materials
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing at feasibility stage
- Detailed checking of all data / product test information
Skills Required for Product Design Engineer post
- HND/Degree qualification in Design or Engineering discipline
- Use of Solidworks CAD and PDM and general IT systems and packages
- Good industrial experience (including placement experience) within product design
- Conversant with project management processes including, Design brief, Feasibility, PPR, Release
- Able to contribute to product developments with an innovative, creative and practical mindset
- An awareness of environmental and legal legislation
- Timekeeping – working to tight deadlines
- Good communications skills - Involvement will be both as team leader and team member
- Experience of product design in low to medium volume manufacturing
- Design of metal fabrications, plastic moulding and product assembly
- Prior experience with electrical and refrigeration design would be an advantage
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!