LOCATION – Near Cambridge
TERM - Permanent
SALARY - £25,000- £35,000 per annum dependent on experience (Please advise what you’re looking for)
The Premier Group are currently recruiting for a Product Design Engineer to join the New Product Development team of a company working in the design of a range of bespoke projects.
You will be taking a leading role on the projects and assuming a large amount of responsibility. The materials in use would be mostly metals and plastics.
Ideally, we would like you to:
- Be skilled in using CAD software (Inventor & Solidworks).
- Be able to create models / prototypes.
- Be technically minded.
- Have a design related degree
- Have experience managing products/ projects from concept to completion
- Strong Design for Manufacture skills
- Knowledge of Injection Moulding, Fabrication, Machining etc.
- Develop your ideas from concept to production.
- Sketch ideas and develop concepts.
- Create models/prototypes.
- Do market research, visit clients and listen to their feedback.
- Use all manufacturing processes.
- View and review tooling trials – potential for overseas travel.
- Quality test new products