Salary: £42,000 - £46,000
Benefit: Company Pension Scheme, annual bonus, professional development, holiday purchase
My client is looking for a Product Support Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Nottingham area. You will be leading a small team to maintain and improve the quality of our products and processes, ensure that customers’ technical enquiries are promptly addressed, and that on site servicing is conducted to the required standards and to plan.
The development and maintenance of supporting documentation is also a key feature of this role. This hands-on role encompasses providing technical input and guidance to the immediate team and wider business, managing and exceeding the key performance indicators, and identifying and implementing improvements across the relevant business areas.
Key responsibility and duties are:
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders, including distributors, agents, staff and suppliers to rapidly understand technical issues and deliver effective and robust solutions
- Effectively managing team performance by monitoring KPIs and taking appropriate action
- Prioritising and assigning team activities to ensure that customer and business timelines are met.
- Resolving day-to-day issues, including customers’ technical enquiries, supplier and assembly queries and general quality issues
- Managing customer returns requiring product evaluation and repair
- Managing the Service Engineer to ensure customer on-site servicing and repairs are delivered in an effective and timely manner
- Responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of technical documentation, including work instructions, test protocols and test methods, product instruction manuals and compliance documents, and validation documentation
- Supporting the assembly and testing of new products and liaison with the Design team
- Supporting technical training of staff across the business
- Implementing small scale design changes resulting from customer enquiries, design updates or to address known issues
- Being aware of duties relating to Health and Safety, working in a safe manner and ensuring team members do the same
- Working in adherence to the established ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Any other duties deemed capable of carrying out by the Line Manager
Essential Requirements for Candidates:
- BSc Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years industrial experience
- Experience in supervision and leadership of people within a similar working environment
- Electrical/electronic diagnostics capability including schematic reading, PCB repair techniques.
- Mechanical diagnostics capability.
- Knowledge of computer-aided design packages.
- Ideally experience of an ISO9000 working environment or similar.
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles and strong problem-solving skills.
- Design and creative flair, with ingenuity and ability to seek out develop new ideas and methods.
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail and a desire to continually improve the business
- The ability and desire to set high standards of quality and work for self and the team
- Highly flexible, with ability to work in a varied and busy environment. Demonstrates a can-do mentality.
- Self-starter who is calm under pressure.
- Good Time Management skills with the ability to set priorities that reflect the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and with customers and suppliers
- Ability to create clear and easy to understand instructions, procedures and documents.
- Hold a full driving license.
- Willingness to travel in order to cover or assist the Service Engineer in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
If you could be interested in the role as Product Support Manager, please apply with your latest CV, Salary expectation and availability as soon as possible. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.