JOB- Production Engineer
SALARY- £30,000-£38,000 with great benefits
My client is looking for a Production Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area. The ideal candidate will identify & implement best manufacturing practices for manufacturing of New products from Development into Production.
The Production Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Ideally hold a Bachelors degree or have work-time served experience in Mechanical Engineering
- CAD experience beneficial
- Previous involvement in NPI would be beneficial
- Be able to read & interpret engineering drawings
- Proven background in electronic / circuit jigs
- Strong background with production tool manufacture
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Ability to work individually or as a team
The Production Engineer role will involve:
- Creating/ updating work instructions, process sheets, testing/validation plans
- Work closely with the Lean team to develop and implement best practices, routines and solutions to improve production rates, Quality and output
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts
- Processing ECR’s and producing corrective actions, participating in change request reviews
- Assembly and wire electro-mechanical assemblies with reference to assembly drawings, BOMs and wiring/schematic drawings
- Participate in NPI reviews to ensure only most production efficient designs are released into production
- Delivering continuous improvement, operational excellence, and lean improvements
- Identify & present ideas for improving productions processes improving profitability, quality and throughput or H&S.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.