Industry: Defence, Manufacturing
Salary: £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 5% pension contribution, 4 x salary ‘Death in Service’
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading specialist in defence, aerospace based in Northamptonshire. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic Production Engineer to join a small, but experienced, Production team on a permanent basis.
The role will focus on generating and maintaining technical and configuration data to be used by all departments
The ideal Production Engineer will have the following experience listed below:
· Overall responsibility for configuration management and maintaining of the associated engineering management plans.
· The creation and maintenance of part numbers and BOMs for new and existing products.
· Generation and monitoring of Engineering Change Orders (ECO) when up-issuing BOMs under the guidance of the Engineering Design Authority and Production Management Team.
· Working with the design authority to create the BOM structures required for the manufacturing process, including the required operations.
· Administering NATO Stock Numbers as directed.
· Generating and maintaining product family tree documents where appropriate.
· Monitor and manage component obsolescence and alternatives as required.
· Co-ordinate with production to help design the workflow structures for the manufacturing process.
· Provide support and input to Sales function for the generation and checking of part number/model descriptors.
· Ownership of the Production Feedback Register.
· Maintaining of Syspro support guides.
· Production of basic Assembly Instructions.
· Ownership of the Approved Drawings Register.
· Creation and maintain Equipment Configuration Documents.
· Support to purchasing for any engineering queries.
Production Engineer Essential Skills:
- HNC in Electronics or related subject
- A minimum of 2 -3 years’ experience in an equivalent role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Able to work in a team and interact with other departments
- Ability to produce results under pressure.
All successful candidates have to undergo DBS checks upon employers request.
If you could be interested in the role as a Production Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information