Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
My client is looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Mansfield. You will have a strong background in machining in an multi skilled engineering environment to be the process expert in the machining facility. You will be highly organised and motivated and be able to demonstrate a structured methodology to solving problems.
Key responsibility and duties are:
- Experience in dealing with a design team through to the machining section.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment.
- Review and approve the issue / changes of drawings, controlling their introduction.
- Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures, tooling and build operations.
- Responsible for hands on analysis, problem solving and development of all production processes, methods, and engineering specifications
Credentials and requirements:
- Apprentice trained CNC machinist – setter / operator minimum, used to working in a ‘hands on’ role.
- Strong experience of working in a Production Engineering position in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of introducing new products to manufacture, creating production procedures, designing jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
- MRP system experience.
- Experience of working alongside design and manufacturing teams to solve production issues and help with input towards new product design.
- Used to working to tight production deadlines and cost constraints.
- Have good analytical skills with an eye for detail and excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must enjoy working both on their own and as part of a team
- CNC Machining background (Mazak – Mazatrol & XYZ – Siemens
- Ability to interpret engineering information including drawings and engineering data
- Experience working with welding, assembly and hydraulic engineering disciplines.
- Understanding of SolidWorks CAD system.
- Offline programming experience.
- Experience in an assembly environment
Working Hours: 07:45am – 16:15pm
If you could be interested in the role as a Production Engineer, please apply with your latest CV, Salary expectation and availability as soon as possible. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.