LOCATION – Bedford
SALARY – £35,000 - £41,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for an Production / Manufacturing Manager on a permanent basis in the Bedford area within the FMCG / Food manufacturing industry. This will be for manufacturing company based near Bedford of a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off with nights. Your main duties will include overseeing the manufacturing operation including the responsibilities of Manufacturing, Quality Improvement as well as day-to-day operation of the entire site.
The Production / Manufacturing Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as a Manager.
- Previous experience working as an Operations / Manufacturing manager within food or FMCG environment.
- Experience of improvements / efficiencies made within a manufacturing business.
- Solid knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement, or Six Sigma.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and other members of management.
- Knowledge of quality control and process improvement.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Capable of working a shift pattern.
- Overseeing the responsibilities for Manufacturing, Quality and Production.
- Establish efficient and robust processes and quality systems.
- Drive an attitude of continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Taking a “hands on” approach within business and manufacturing issues.
- Liaising with other departments to determine KPI’s and ensure KPI’s are met.
- Working with other teams to ensure Logistically products are out the door in time.