SALARY- £50,000-£55,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Production Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Dorset area.
The Production Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND level qualified preferred or work based time served in Production Manager role
- Forward thinking perspective
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Change agent, create buy in for new ideas
- Ability to self manager, organise and prioritise tasks
- Assist in implementation of road map and daily and weekly metrics aligned with customer demand which supports operational strategy in conjunction with site manager
- Manage staff attendance & holiday entitlement
- Participate in daily production meetings to keep up to date with business needs
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is properly and safely maintained to agreed standards
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements highlighting any discrepancies on the system.
- Keep in line with daily and weekly metrics aligned to customer demand which supports the operational strategy in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Undertake overall responsibility for training of operators within production and maintain training records
- Team management, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI’s, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required.
- Management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.