JOB- Production Manager
SALARY- £35,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
My client is looking for a Production Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in the Yeovil area. The successful candidate will have good experience with leading large teams in a fast paced environment with assembly lines
The Production Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- HND level qualified preferred or work based time served in Production Manager role
- Knowledge of MRP scheduling systems
- Forward thinking perspective
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Change agent, create buy in for new ideas
- Ability to self manager, organise and prioritise tasks
The Production Manager role will involve:
- Manage staff attendance & holiday entitlement
- Participate in daily production meetings to keep up to date with business needs
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is properly and safely maintained to agreed standards
- Create and implement best practice in manufacturing, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance including quality.
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements highlighting any discrepancies on the system.
- Keep in line with daily and weekly metrics aligned to customer demand which supports the operational strategy in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Undertake overall responsibility for training of operators within production and maintain training records
- Manage regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of both WIP held and MRP requirements on a regular basis and align any discrepancies on the system.
- Team management, including coaching, motivation, appraisals, reviews, KPI’s, one-2-one meetings, disciplinary matters and grievances as required.
- Management of budgets, including overtime, headcount, department costs aligned to customer demand requirements and demonstrate the ability to flex costs accordingly.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.