LOCATION – Brixton
SALARY – £38,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Manufacturing / Production Manager on a permanent basis in the Brixton area within the stone, masonry or granite manufacturing industry. Your main duties will include overseeing the manufacturing function as a whole and looking after any issues that arise during day to day CNC manufacturing of various stone, marble and granite products.
The Manufacturing / Production Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as a Manager.
- Previous experience working as a Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager within a stone manufacturing business.
- Understanding of CNC manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing methods.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and other members of management.
- Knowledge of stone products.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Liaising with other members of management to correct any production issues.
- Carrying out Lean events such as 5S, Kaizen and process improvement techniques.
- Managing day to day activities of the production team.
- Coaching the Production team on increasing efficiency.
- Assuring health and safety obligations are met.