TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
We are looking for a Production Planner on a permanent based in the Dorset area with experience of working in a fast paced environment working as the liaison between various departments.
The Production Planner will ideally have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Production planning in fast paced environment
- Technical education or education in production planning and control
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Hands on and proactive
- Working understanding of “Lean” production methodologies
- Develops, maintain and communicate the production plan to achieve and exceed on time delivery targets.
- Identifies any upcoming capacity issues and work closely with the relevant members of the team to offer solutions to these issues
- Creates and maintains jobs in line with the ERP system processes to ensure accurate WIP valuations and capacity planning.
- Drives customer focus throughout the business, communicates customer requests and expedites works orders when required.
- Ensures the shipping plan is maintained, including sales order information prior to shipments.
- Delivers capacity plans in line with the S&OP process, ensuring resource, training, materials and equipment plans are in place.
- Supports continuous improvements on the line, developing and building on existing processes to improve production flow, on-time starts and inventory accuracy.