Duration: 3 Months (Temp to Perm)
Rate: £24-£27 p/h
Premier have engaged with a key client in waste processing technology based in Northamptonshire, who are looking to recruit a Project Engineer onto their team for a 3 Month Contract with the hope of going Temp to Perm upon contract completion.
Duties of the Project Engineer:
- To produce general arrangement drawings in 2D and/or 3D for the Projects and Sales departments. This involves the full engineering integration of the company’s inhouse products (conveyors, structures, screens) with that of specialist third party manufacturers (shredders, magnets, optical sorters) to create a tailored plant layout within the space available without compromising material flow.
- To maximise space-saving techniques, material flow optimisation and process engineering within the GA to deliver class-leading designs.
- To work with the Sales team or the Projects team to optimise a layout until it reaches the point of Design Freeze at which the customer signs off the GA to allow full project launch.
- To ensure design quality, cost, time and standardisation are appropriately considered throughout the design and delivery process
- To use AutoCAD and SolidWorks as the main platforms for the above.
- High proficiency in SolidWorks
- Technical knowledge of the make-to-order design process
- Creative and innovative with a desire to improve continuously
- Effective organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexible and dependable
- Good team player
- Able to efficiently communicate both written and oral
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrics an advantage
If you are a Project Engineer or a Design Engineer with plant layout experience get in touch with your latest version of your CV!