Job Type: Contract
Rate: £30 - £34 p/h
Industry: Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Fluids
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a World-leader in Design & Manufacture of Filtration & Chemical Processing Equipment, amongst other related equipment to the process industries. Due to project and team growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join this exciting business for a 6 month contract.
The successful project engineer will be responsible for various ongoing projects including the cost-effective
design, material procurement, instigation, control and compilation and submission of all associated engineering
Duties and responsibilities of the Project Engineer:
- Shall be fully committed to the achievement of the company policies and objectives with attention to quality, safety & environment
- Will undertake reasonable instructions from senior personnel in the best interests of the company
- Special respect shall be paid to quality and safety and include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting Sales in the preparation of quotation drawings/documentation
- Assisting in the development of new equipment/new product ranges
- Assisting in the creation of standard 3D models and library parts
- Creating cost effective designs by integration of common parts and standardisation of components
- Producing General Arrangement drawings, Manufacturing drawings and Technical Specifications
- Producing 3D models for estimating weights, volumes, interferences, determining complex geometry, etc.
- Verification of designs by calculations and/or FEA/CFD
- Designing products that are safe and in accordance with Health & Safely legislation
- Designing products that comply with applicable design codes, e.g. ASME VIII, ASME B31.3, etc.
- Designing products that comply with applicable governing legislation, e.g. 2014/68/EU
- Producing material requisitions to ensure all material/quantity/technical requirements are identified
- Using standard components and referencing part numbers from the company system, where possible
- Instigation and ongoing control of projects/contracts from Sales hand-over through to delivery.
- Organisation of the duties, tasks & workload of engineers assisting on larger contracts.
- Liaison with Quality/Production to ensure ‘sub-contract’ and ‘in-house’ activity is considered and controlled
- Supervising workshop personnel and/or sub-contractors, as required
- Organisation and preparation of all engineering documentation requirements, as required by the contract
- Submission of required contract documentation to client/third party, via the Documentation department
Key Skills of the Project Engineer
- Experienced project engineer
- Motivated and able to manage relationships in the workplace
- Experience of working in oil and gas or with pressure vessels industries is desirable
If you are a project engineer looking for your next project, get in touch now to hear more!