Role- Project Engineer
Salary- £30,000 - £44,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location- London / Home Based
My client works within consumer electronics manufacturing and they are looking to take on a Project Engineer with a Mechanical / Product Design background, on a permanent basis, in the London / Surrey area but there is the flexibility to work remotely too.
Consumer Electronics – Injection Moulding – Project Management – Development - Materials
The Project Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- BSc / BEng in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design Engineering or similar
- 3 – 6 years’ of industry experience working in similar project / development focussed role along with design for manufacture
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials – injection moulded plastics, metals etc.
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility to travel overseas to the manufacturing facility when required
- Any Chines Language skills would be advantageous but not essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
The Project Engineer role will involve:
- Working with Designers to engineer new products and their associated components as well as update existing products
- Being involved in developing detailed mechanical designs using SolidWorks and the associated documentation
- Liaising with colleagues and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget
- Carrying out post-production design changes
- Managing a variety of projects
- Assisting colleague with any engineering or manufacturing issues that may arise
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.