TERM- Permanent candidates only
SALARY- £40,000 - £45,000 and other great benefits
We are looking for a Project Manager on a permanent based in the Weymouth area to with strong knowledge in the Aerospace and Defence industry that develops high-tech bespoke industrial equipment.
The Project Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree educated in Engineering or relevant industry
- 3 years Project management experience – Defence preferable
- Qualified in Project Management or equivalent industry
- Excellent knowledge ERP/MRP systems
- Competent in use of MS project or other project management tools
- Natural communicator with ability to influence
- Experience in direct dealings with customers and programmatic matters
- Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Produce programme schedule through MS project understanding technical requirements
- Work with Engineering manager to define design activities and schedules
- Work with the Procurement Manager to ensure materials and components are delivered within defined schedules. Perform ‘make or buy’ decisions.
- Monitor, report and manage the project budget, identifying and taking actions to avoid any negative impact to the declared profit margin. This includes capturing any scope creep and working with the BD team to evaluate potential variations.
- Chair internal technical meetings as needed to manage system requirements and technical solutions. Communicate directly with technical experts in various engineering fields – mechanical, electrical, and software.
- Arrange various project reviews during project lifecycle.
- Manage and mitigate risks through project lifecycle.
- Be the customer liaison, reporting on project status, schedule, and risks. Communicate with the customer on technical matters, calling for support from experts as needed.
- Occasional international and domestic travel for project reviews on customer sites.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.