Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Power Transmission & Distribution
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading systems integration specialist within the Energy and related industry sectors. Due to continuous growth and new business my client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join on a permanent basis.
The role of Project Manager is based within the Power Transmission & Distribution division.
Summary of Role:
A Project Manager is required to manage a series of projects to deliver modifications to existing substation control systems for National Grid in the Power Transmission industry. The Project Manager will ideally have some experience gained in delivering projects, based on Control System Automation to the Power Transmission industry or similar. Some experience of protection systems would be beneficial. This role will include travel to customer sites.
- Management role responsible for a various projects of value from £100K to £800K, from inception through to delivery within demanding timescales
- Ensuring that the project is delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction
- Overall financial responsibility for the projects
- Experience of the management of subcontracts
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of hardware, software and installation engineers
- Responsibility for all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company Q,E,H&S Manager and project H&S Advisor
- Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
- Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
- At least 4 years demonstrable full E,C&I project management experience within the Power Transmission industry or similar regulated background
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Must be commercially astute & be able to identify early commercial and technical risks/issues and find resolutions.
- Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
- Experience of subcontractor management
- Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
- Current driving license and must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
- Working towards or completed the APM Practitioner Qualification or an equivalent recognized Project Management Course
- Experience of Project Proposals and general bid work
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!