Job Type: Permanent
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: up to £65K plus car or car allowance value £5400
Industry: Off Highway
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading manufacturer of Off Highway Machinery. Due to a recent restructure new opportunities have arisen within the engineering divisions. We are currently recruiting for a Quality & Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (QHSE Manager) to join at this exciting time on a permanent basis.
Hours of Work:
Mon -Thurs 08.30-12.30 13.00–17.00 (Plus Flex)
Friday 08.30 - 14.00 (Plus Flex)
Purpose of Role:
This is a turnaround challenge, to introduce a new way of order within Operations regarding and Creating a Quality 1st time right culture. To lead the factories Quality Management & Compliance activities, with overall responsibility for both departments. To provide health and safety advice at all levels of the business, developing health and safety policies and procedures instilling a culture of Zero Harm. Ensuring product integrity, quality and regulatory conformance to all applicable standards, and business compliance with applicable regulations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Restructure the function in line with QMS.
- To implement a Quality 1st time right Culture and create an internal customer supplier behaviour aligned to a great customer experience. Policy, procedures and training to drive towards our Zero defects Zero Harm goals.
- Review and update existing QHSE policy and procedures in line with the latest legislation and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for overall site reporting both verbally and written.
- To chair and drive regular QHSE steering group meetings.
- Develop annual budgets and the subsequent management.
- To lead and manage all investigations and communications with external governing bodies.
- Develop and manage a process to systematically audit and assess the product and feed results back to Manufacturing and Engineering, the purpose being:
- To control adherence to regulatory, Global Engineering and Production standards.
- To identify potential customer issues and ensure customer protections are implemented before release.
- Create a centralised set of standards for all aspects of product performance and quality, working with Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure assembly processes and part drawings reference the relevant standards.
- Assess business compliance to regulatory / business standards (eg SOX, GRC) and ensure improvement actions identified are documented and acted upon.
- Manage and develop the Quality Management System, Programme and associated manuals and processes, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and control.
- Lead the implementation of, and then manage, quality management software to co-ordinate all QMS activities, problem and countermeasure activities etc.
- Manage the internal audit process to identify areas for improvement, ensuring auditors are capable, audits are scheduled and then undertaken, and any improvement actions identified are documented and acted on.
- Develop & deliver training to improve the quality 1st time right behaviour of team members.
- Coach and support leadership team on how to apply quality systems thinking to their processes, and work with all departments to improve the quality of existing processes.
- Manage all aspects of external certification audits to ISO9001:2015.
- Set standards for supplier selection, and support Supply Chain functions in selecting to that standard.
- Develop poor performing suppliers to achieve the agreed targets, and work with Supply Chain to exit suppliers who cannot achieve the required standard.
- Ensure build issues caused by supplied parts are contained internally, and that resolution at Suppliers is monitored and sustained.
- Ensure key customer quality concerns are understood, resolved appropriately, and feedback provided in a urgent manner.
- Manage the non-conforming parts process to ensure parts are moved through the process daily and appropriately, with root causes of non-conformance understood and resolutions managed and controlled.
- Manage compliance projects as and when requested.
- Act as the factory Quality representative in customer facing discussions about build standards and certifications during tendering or other product selection processes.
- Train and develop direct reports through effective coaching; regular review of objectives and succession planning within the team. Ensure all Company policies in relation to people are fully adhered to and supported.
- Develop and manage the Quality department budget, ensuring expenditure is understood and justified.
- Define supplier quality targets and manage the team of Supplier Quality Engineers in auditing to those targets, communicating gaps to the supply base.
- Supervision of others in a Quality & HSE function
- Experience of working in an organisation registered to ISO9001:2008 or equivalent
- Must be well organised, able to plan own work and manage others
- Proven problem management skills
- Adept at creating solutions to problems and improving process
- Degree or equivalent in Quality Management or an Engineering discipline.
- Change management experience
- Manufacturing Background
- Structured and methodical approach
- Leadership dominant ( DISC )
- Lead auditor ISO9001:2008
- TS 16949 / AS9100