Location - Staffordshire
Term - Permanent
Competitive Salary - Depending and experience, plus benefits
My client is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Staffordshire area. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Engineering principles preferably in an nuclear supply chain or other highly regulated industry would be advantageous.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Professional approach
- Approachable manner
- Team Player - Work as part of an extended team within the company
- Ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads
- Diligent and high attention to detail
- Good administration skills and computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Not afraid to challenge deviations in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to influence, organise and motivate others
- Manufacturing experience within a lean environment
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance (Project is subject to SAL)
- Driving licence
The Quality Assurance Engineer role will involve:
- Actively working with project staff in promoting continual improvement in Quality Assurance performance
- Participate in the setting up of new projects to ensure customer QA requirements are understood, communicated and met both by the company and our suppliers.
- Develop Quality Assurance documents to meet the customers build and lifetime quality record requirements.
- Work with customers included nominated inspectors when reviewing product and quality records
- Complete internal and second party audits to ensure compliance with customer requirements is maintained
- To liaise with clients on matters of Quality Assurance and attendance at clients meetings when required
- Participate in the approval and monitoring of suppliers and contractors which are used within company or on client’s sites as required.
- Assist suppliers in the development of processes and Manufacturing Inspection Test Plans to meet customers requirements.
- Work with the QESH Manager to identify and facilitate continuous improvement
- Support the QESH function when providing business development with pre-qualification and tender information.
- Responsible for the production and collation of information for Lifetime records and ensuring Inspection and Test Plans are completed and adhered to.
- Worked on QC grade 1 projects
- Knowledge of NDT weld and paint inspection
- Experience / knowledge of RCC-E requirements
If you could be interested in the role as a Quality Assurance Engineer, please apply with your latest CV as soon as possible along with your availability and salary expectation. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.