JOB- Quality Engineer
SALARY- £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Quality Engineer on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area to ensure products are manufactured according to customer specifications and that company Quality targets are hit.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC qualified beneficial or experience working in similar role
- 5 years experience in Manufacturing Environment
- CMM experience essential
- Self-motivated individual
- Customer facing role
- Right first time approach
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
The Quality Engineer role will involve:
- Drive standardisation on processes along with waste elimination and continuous improvement
- Working on NPI products and supplier quality development, implementing new processes
- Deal with internal non-conformances, ensure suspect stock is quarantined/handsorted/ reworked/scrapped and implement corrective actions as required.
- Preparation of documents for APQP/PPAPs
- Produce and input data for weekly and monthly management review meetings, including investigation of quality issues from the previous week.
- Conduct shop floor audits and sample inspections determined by the Quality Manager as required.
- Completion of Initial Sample Inspection Reports, Capability Studies and R&R studies as required.
- Collating material compliance data, report writing where necessary
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Champion problem solving with use of RCA tools such as 8D, 5WHY, ISHIKAWA, FMEA’s
- Succeed in driving down rejects eliminating system errors and reduce overall cost of Quality
- Monitor output, quality & scrap rates. Improving OTD performance
- Maintain records of products and approved suppliers
- Continually improve QMS processes
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.