Salary: £25K Pa,
Benefits Package: Competitive Salary, 25 Days annual leave addition to 8 UK bank holiday, free parking, working flexibility and training to IPC standards
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading electronics manufacturer. Our client is based in Cambridge. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for Quality Engineer to join the Manufacturing team on a permanent basis.
You will lead the QA inspection team, offering support and guidance while liaising with Manufacturing Engineers, Sales team, and Manufacturing. Interfacing with customers on new builds and leading process improvements from a quality perspective. A thorough understanding and hands on experience of IPC and J-Std are requisite for this role as is experience in trend analysis, root cause analysis, 5Y, 8D reporting methods.
- To support the quality inspection team using your experience and problem-solving skills.
- To undertake routine board and product inspection.
- To work closely with the Manufacturing Manager and Lead Engineer to resolve any issues affecting manufacturing.
- To work closely with the Test Manager to resolve quality or product throughput issues.
- To organise, control and prioritise the departments constantly changing workload.
- To provide daily yield data to manufacturing manager and assist in any corrective action required, monitor changes to ensure quality improvement.
- To provide monthly quality metrics to the Manufacturing Operations Manager.
- Ensuring the quality inspectors follow the documented quality procedures.
- Be involved at an early stage of NPI to define quality criteria.
- To carry out periodic quality audits of supporting departments.
Offered in Return:
A competitive salary, 25 days annual leave in addition to the UK’s 8 bank holidays, free parking for cycles and cars, opportunity for weekday and weekend working as well as training to IPC standards.
If you could be interested in the role as a Quality Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.