LOCATION – Chelmsford
SALARY- £30,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits (dependent on experience)
We are looking for Quality Engineer on a permanent basis in the Chelmsford area with experience in the engineering / manufacturing industry. Your main duty will be to assist the Quality Management Team in the day to day running of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by experience in Engineering
- Previous Experience within a Quality Engineering position.
- Experience of various quality tools (8D, 5 Whys, Lean manufacturing, auditing etc)
- Knowledge of QMS, either ISO9001, IATF16949, AS9100 or ISO13485
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Any relevant experience within electro-mechanical manufacturing – beneficial
- Ensuring that any failures are reviewed with manufacturing and engineering.
- Ensuring all products meet the required quality standards.
- Being responsible for the PPAP / APQP responsibilities.
- Assist other engineering teams with New Product development / introduction.
- Coordinating activities for continuous improvement
- Conducting Internal Quality audits.