Industry: Defence, Manufacturing
Location: Wappenham, Northampton
Salary: £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 5% pension contribution, 4 x salary ‘Death in Service’
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Specialist RF System company based in Wappenham, Northants. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Quality Inspector to join the manufacturing team on a permanent basis.
The ideal Quality Inspector will have the following experience listed below:
- Undertake inspection to the current IPC standards (610 and 620) utilising latest company Assembly Instructions and Bill of Materials with any minor rework being undertaken by the Inspector.
- Hand soldering of surface mount components, 0603 – 0805 with the ability to go down to 0402 with the aid of a microscope.
- Crimping of wires from 32 to 26 AWG and RF cables from RG223 to RG179.
- Undertake wiring and cabling of looms and harnesses.
- Undertake module, cable and sub-assemblies.
- Responsible for goods in through to staged and final inspections.
- Following the Stores booking in process, undertake 100% visual inspection on PCB’s.
- 100% Goods in inspection (metalwork, electrical and mechanical) utilising latest company documentation.
- Remaining electronic sub-assemblies to be 100% visually inspected.
- Maintain company KPI metrics.
- PAT testing.
- Calibration of crimp tools and soldering irons.
- Raising reject notes where applicable.
- Liaison with Suppliers in respect of inspection findings.
- Adhere to the ECS Health and Safety system.
- Contribute, be involved and actively support the continuous improvement process whilst adhering to the ECS Quality Management System.
Quality Inspector /Experience
This vacancy would suit a Quality Inspector who is experienced in what can be a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Considered as the “go to” person for inspection and can prioritise activities, work alone, unsupervised and under pressure without recourse to management for advice and assistance.
All successful candidates have to undergo DBS checks upon employers request.
If you could be interested in the role as a Quality Inspector, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.