QUALITY MANAGER - SKELTON
16 Month Fixed term contract
My client is a global business with a local way of working, with a proud heritage and a strong reputation within the industry. They strive for Quality, innovation and dedicated customer support.
They design, manufacture and distribute high quality and performance materials (including non-woven/saturated felts, extruded filmic materials and wet web saturated cellulose board) Some of the worlds biggest brands choose my client as their distributer, brands like: Nike, Adidas and Timberland.
The main purpose is to lead the quality and factory support function whilst ensuring the quality management/operation systems/sampling approach is relevant and appropriate to deliver consistent quality to agreed specifications.
Also, to identify (support) continuous improvement opportunities, lead and coordinate action plans.
- Line management of the Technical Team
- Monitoring and acting on quality performance trends Continuous
- Update and maintain product specifications
- Maintenance of BaaN item records: BOMS, routings and wastage factors
- Establishing production standard costs and updating variations
- Supporting production and customer issues on a day to day basis
- Non-conforming product
- Managing customer complaint and corrective actions
- Updating MSDS and COSHH assessments of production materials as necessary
- Qualifying and realising raw material substitution advantages
- Ownership of the product modification process: acceptance, evaluation and product scale up of new items
- Primary technical link with NPDI team
- Building relationships with key supplier technical teams
- Maintenance of the ISO9001 management system and external parties as necessary – covers audit.
- Active participation at applicable management meeting Anyone.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of competence of using Microsoft Office, knowledge of BOM and ideally Baan systems
- Problem solving skills