JOB- Quality Engineer
Reporting to Quality Manager
We are looking for Quality Engineer on a permanent basis in the Exeter area with experience in the aerospace industry. Your main duties are to plan and direct activities, oversee and manage all aspects of quality compliance. This will include PFMEAs, periodic testing, calibration and approvals whilst working in a continuous improvement environment.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by experience
- Previous experience working in a similar Quality role (Minimum 2-3 years)
- Familiar with NADCAP/AS9100 aerospace standards.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous experience of carrying out internal quality audits.
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate across all levels of the business.
The Quality Engineer role will involve:
- Ensuring work is completed in compliance with customer specifications, regulations manuals, procedures and company policy.
- Ensuring all products meet the required quality standards
- Supporting the Quality Assurance team with dimensional testing using relevant equipment.
- Maintaining the QMS to ISO9001
- Coordinating activities for continuous improvement
- Run daily start up meetings at the SQDCP board when required.
- Oversee the effective use of quality tools such as 8D, PFMEA, PPAP, Six Sigma
- Facilitate RCA meetings with production, engineering, laboratory and others to determine root cause for product/ process and audit failures.
- Identify the training needs of personnel and organise their training and follow their development and ensure training matrices are maintained
To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.