Job Title: R&D Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Overview of company and job title:
One of the UK’s most successful Electrical & Electronics Manufacturing Engineering Organization based in Derbyshire who have an excellent reputation across the Automotive Industry, are now actively seeking to hire for an R&D Engineer to join the business to develop and support the reverse engineering and testing to achieve fault finding feasibility of electrical and electronics engineering products. Also, the Ideal R&D Engineer will possess a passion for Engineering, with a result-oriented and proactive mind-set, a strong experience within the OEM industry, CANbus tools and reverse engineering/
As the successful R&D Engineer, you will be supporting testing to achieve fault finding feasibility on electrical and electronics engineering products as well as liaising with the engineers across the engineering workshop. The R&D Engineer will also prepare Test Rigs to enable hardware and system testing to be carried out
The salary on offer for the R&D Engineer is £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
R&D Engineer Key Skills:
- 2-5 years minimum industry experience
- Knowledge of OEM is essential
- Knowledge of the PSV and HGV market is preferred.
- Experience in electrical integration within the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of J1939 CANbus vehicle standards is preferred
- Comfortable across Electrical and Environmental test standards
- Hands-on experience to understand the on-vehicle behaviour of electronic systems.
- Coordinate HIL bench development
- Strong experience of running Hardware in the Loop test rigs.
- Strong experience of CANalyzer, CANoe and/or similar tools
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, experience, and ability in automotive networking technologies (CAN, LIN, Ethernet etc)
- Understanding of electrical vehicle architecture
- Experience or background in the development of vehicle electronic and software architectures
- Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
- A flexible, enthusiastic, and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure
- Plan, communicate, and coordinate HIL and Test Rig strategy supporting features rollout as required by the project milestones
- System requirement analysis and creation of systems test cases
- Test planning and managing test cases
- Work closely with the Control and the Electronics Team to define interface specification and review of control strategies
- Execution of functional test cases
- Support issues resolution and bug fixing as required by the Team
- Analyze vehicle and HIL/Test Rig data log for issue route cause investigation
- Create and maintain detail documentation of the HIL setup and Hardware following requirements update and evolution
Highly desirable nice to have skills:
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive, or similar engineering degree
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with demonstrable experience
- Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant experience will be considered
- Embedded C
- Electric Vehicle Architecture & EV Powertrain Components experience
- Highly motivated - team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are an R&D Engineer, looking for a great opportunity to join an established and successful engineering business, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for further information.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral