Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £DOE + Bonus Incentive Scheme
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
Industry: (Fire Sprinkler Industry)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client who are a leader in innovative fire protection solutions for multiple industry sectors. A specialist Engineering Solutions provider with a world class reputation for Smart Tech solution selling, to blue chip companies globally. Due to continued growth we require an in-house R&D Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team.
We are seeking a talented R&D Mechanical Engineer to assist with the design and testing of our range of products. In this role, you will be working closely with the existing R&D team, including our Electrical Engineer to create functional design concepts, test existing designs, and oversee the implementation of development projects.
This is very much a hands on research and development role with your time being split between the office and the production shop floor.
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D team to discuss product ideas.
- Working closely with the R&D Electrical Engineer.
- To provide an excellent level of support for both colleagues and customers from the conception of a product right through to customer service for the end user.
- Conducting market research and evaluating similar products and their functions.
- Collaborating with the engineering and marketing department on product feasibility.
- Redesigning existing products to enhance functionality or reduce costs.
- Creating design projects and specification sheets.
- To work to relevant engineering codes and standards, as well as best practice.
- Update existing drawings and complete built drawings where required.
- Presenting product designs to management and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes.
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity.
- Be proactive in resolving quality and technical issues in a practical capacity; such as those arising from customer returns, component changes/faults and procedural alterations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or mechanical engineering, or relevant field.
- 3+ years' experience as an R&D engineer.
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills.
- Possess a high level of motivation to embrace new projects and responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Marketing and design experience preferred.
- Proficient with computer design software including AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Ability to translate design concepts into physical objects.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!