Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £25-54k (DOE)
Working hours: Monday - Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client that stocks and sells Industrial Automation and electrical control equipment. Due to team and company grow an opportunity has become available for a Repair Technician to join on a permanent basis.
Primary duties will include but not limited to repair and / or calibration of Industrial Controls, (i.e. industrial grade PCBs, timers, counters, PLCs, drives, monitors and temperature & process controls.) Experience in servo and/or robotics industry a plus. Additionally, Test functionality of each unit repaired. Order parts as necessary for each unit processed. Update tracking notes in the computer system (CRM) reflecting the steps take to repair each unit. Engineers will be required to perform repairs of units down to component level, using good soldering and troubleshooting skills. Use of test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, function generator) and test fixtures to ensure complete and proper repair of each unit is paramount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the Repair Technician, you will be expected to solder to a high level and troubleshoot down to component level, using a range of test equipment (Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, and Function Generator)
- Order parts if necessary to assist with repair using the CRM system
- Clean, check, service, and test repaired items ensuring the unit functions correctly and fit for purpose. Where a unit doesn’t match those vital credentials, advise accordingly to the Repair Supervisor
- The role involves approximately 90% bench level electronic and electro-mechanical, and 10% documentation of actions taken on each item and communication of completions, using the CRM system
- Identify and communicate any test capability limitations to the Engineering Department
Project and demand oriented as defined by the objectives set forth in the monthly reviews and in line with the Technician Levelling Structure, measured based on consistently meeting objectives, completion on time, accuracy and neatness of work.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to troubleshoot and solder components is required
- Have a logical approach to fault finding
- The ability to understand wiring schematics and fault find electrical circuits
- Use of a CRM system in past roles
- Ability to work at fast pace
- Attention to detail
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Must be incentive driven.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· GCSE minimum grade C’s in a science subject, Mathematics and English
- A recognised Electrical / Electronic Engineering Qualification is required, Degree level desired
- Experience in the Industry or a similar repair environment a distinct advantage 15 years plus
- Service background an advantage
EMPLOYEE EVALUATION SUMMARY
Employee will be evaluated on quantitative productivity levels regarding the number of repairs that result from actions, number of items processed/followed-up and related activity. In addition to regular coaching, employee will receive the following written evaluations:
- Introductory Review -- Will be written at approximately 80 days after employment and will be used to determine whether employee has sufficiently met and performed the job requirements, and will indicate whether employment will continue
- Monthly reviews – Employee will be given a brief written monthly review primarily focused on quantitative performance and measurement of activity
- Annual Reviews – Employee will be given a formal regular annual review which assesses productivity and demonstrated business skills and accomplishments for the previous period.
Eligible for the Repair Technician Monthly Commission Plan after 90 days in the position