Job Title: Repairs Technician (Electrical)
Business: Support Services
Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading systems integration specialist within the Energy and related industry sectors. Due to continuous growth and new business my client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Repairs Technician to join on a permanent basis.
Summary of Role:
To join our existing small team in troubleshooting, testing, repairing and assembling electronic circuit boards and electro-mechanical components. The key activities will involve working on a mix of new and older technologies, dependent upon customer, but including:
- Fault-finding to board level on technically advanced systems from global suppliers, including industrialised PC’s and associated peripherals
- Modifications & upgrades to systems under support, sometimes at component level
- Component level fault finding and repair of the Company’s own hardware products, including surface mount and older TTL/CMOS technologies
The role is primarily office-based but will require occasional sitework. The person must therefore be comfortable in a customer facing position and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Will have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
- Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters, meggers and other test equipment
- Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints and parts lists
- Able to understand and implement test procedures and instructions
- Able to maintain test documentation and reports
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to witness equipment tests and conduct on-site fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g. HNC/HND or a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working