Job Type: Permanent
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Salary: circa £30K
Industry: Drive and Control Equipment
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key and exclusive client or are a leading supplier of drive and control equipment based in Warwick. Due to a record year and lots of bonus being paid out, a new opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer to join this successful business on a permanent basis.
Job Purpose Statement
Contributing to the sale of products through direct contact with customers to ascertain their needs, production of quotes, their follow up and developing sales on a pro-active basis.
- To contribute to achieving an annual sales target by working effectively as part of an internal sales team responding to customer sales enquiries. This requires carefully establishing the technical requirements of customers and promptly and accurately producing quotes.
- To contribute to the teams’ proactive follow up of quotes by contacting designated customers to offer any further assistance to support their acceptance of the quote and successful conversion to a sales order.
- To develop sales proactively with allocated customers, creating and building effective relationships so that customers’ needs are well understood and matched with appropriate sales solutions.
- To identify and promptly refer quote requirements requiring specialist technical knowledge to relevant team colleagues and to ensure that all self-prepared quotations are checked in accordance with the sign off process.
- To implement marketing initiatives in accordance with the brief and contribute customer information and ideas to support the formation of these plans.
- To contribute to the effective efforts of the team to work together to achieve the sales target by recording and sharing accurate customer information, maximising communication opportunities at team meetings and briefings and contributing to improvements in ways of working.
- To contribute to the success and development of the Company by supporting and being involved in other projects and sales tasks as required.
Decision Making Authority
- Creating sales quotes up to the approved value as detailed in the QMS.
- Offering discounts above approved level.
- Where appropriate and necessary agree discounts to carriage charges.
Key relationships (external and internal stakeholders/important contacts):
External: Trade Customers.
Internal: Customer Service Team, Technical Team - key points of contact.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- GCSE/equivalent Maths and English grade C minimum.
- A Level standard intellect demonstrated through educational attainments/aptitude tests/job achievements.
- Proven customer telephone or facing experience.
- Previous experience in a busy office performing sales admin duties.
- Competent user of technology. Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience of producing quotes of a technical nature.
- Demonstrable technical aptitude to learn and be able to advise the appropriate products to customers, ideally shown through work experience in an engineering/manufacturing/distribution environment.
- Previous proactive sales experience is advantageous.
- Sales/Customer Service/Marketing qualifications/training very helpful.
Key Performance Competencies:
- Strong delivery of results – has an inner drive and commitment to develop sales.
- Highly customer responsive – works hard to understand customer needs and develops effective customer relationships.
- Highly productive – effectively prioritises time in a fast paced environment to both the reactive and pro-active aspects of the role and multi task between different types of enquiry.
- High attention to detail for quote production and able to develop accurate technical knowledge within the training time-frames.
- Committed to team working to meet the daily demand for quotes and develop sales proactively.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!