Agile Technical Scrum Master – CSM, PSM 1, Agile, Jira – Guildford – £50,000
I am on the hunt for a Certified Scrum Master with a background / experience in leading or working with a software development team. The successful Scrum Master will be an expert in Agile approaches and methodologies, tech aware & understanding of the software lifecycle.
It would be useful to also be technically aware of tools & techniques, such as: Jira, TDD, CI / CD, Automated & Continuous testing & more.
My client, your employer, are a digital communications agency, but you will be based in-house with the end-client, a well-known, global house-name brand. They have an in-house digital development team with their own Developers & a Lead Scrum Master. You will sit just underneath, embedded in the hands-on day to day tasks.
You will be dealing with not only the technical development teams but Product owners and company Stakeholders so you must be very adaptable when it comes to people.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Be results and data driven. Able to interpret data to make and influence positive changes within teams.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
If interested, please apply with your latest CV & I will be in touch ASAP