LOCATION – Reading (Part-Remote)
SALARY - £49,000 - £52,000
A long-standing partner of ours, based in Reading are now hiring for a Network & Security Engineer to join their growing team. This job opportunity is a direct result of company growth and will offer the successful Security Engineer substantial career development and growth opportunities too.
The company provide wide-scale outsourced business solutions and advisory services to clients across the UK. Our Client is offering the successful Network & Security Engineer a salary up to £52,000 based on experience
As the Network & Security Engineer, you will be acting as the senior point of architecture, design, escalation and quality assurance for security of ‘back of house’ technology and systems.
The Network & Security Engineer role will be required to drive appropriate security and infrastructure to deliver customer solutions, whilst also being responsible for:
- Configuration and troubleshooting of security infrastructure devices
- Identifying opportunities to improve system performance
- Designing system security and infrastructure architecture
- Implementing automation through scripting to reduce false alerts
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures
- Bridging the gap between Networking and Ops
This is joining a team of 4 right now and on offer is a very flexible work set-up. In this role you will have flexibility to work from home with office visits expected to be once every few weeks.
To be considered for this Network & Security Engineer opportunity, you will need experience with:
- Scripting (PowerShell and Python are preferred)
- Previous experience providing security services within a large organisation
- Experience building and maintaining security systems and infrastructure
- Mail Security / Web Filtering / DLP technologies
- A good understanding of firewall, IPS & IDS principles
- Identity Management
- Large & small scall technology changes
If this is an opportunity you would like to be considered for please apply now with your updated CV, salary expectations and availability.