Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Industry: Power Transmission & Distribution
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading systems integration specialist within the Energy and related industry sectors. Due to continuous growth and new business my client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Control Systems Engineer (Hardware) to join on a permanent basis.
The role Senior SCS Systems Hardware Engineer is based within the Transmission & Distribution sector.
Summary of the role: We are looking for an Enthusiastic Senior Engineer to join our existing T&D team to perform all aspects of implementation of Substation Control Systems (SCS); from design through to installation and commissioning on site. Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation & commissioning work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements).
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to work on site and become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
- Working to agreed procedures/methods and standards with engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Produce system designs from customer supplied information
- Creating, modifying or mark-up system drawings and schematics
- Producing all necessary design documentation to support the production of the systems
- Assisting in Site acceptance testing
- Involvement in site surveys and preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Experience of Substation Secondary Systems (either Protection and Control or Control only)
- Experience of writing specifications (design and test)
- Experience of commissioning Control systems.
- Computer literate with AutoCAD Electrical and Excel experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline or demonstratable experience.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Knowledge/Experience of the GE Substation Control Systems IEDs
- Experienced in the Alstom/GE PACIS and/or DS Agile Control Systems
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.
- Driven individual who is keen to learn/develop
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!