Role: Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Building Services
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 (Negotiable DOE)
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer has become available with an established Building Services Consultancy in Birmingham.
As the successful Electrical Design Engineer, you will join a small team of professionals providing M&E solutions to the Building Services Industry. You will be responsible for the design of electrical solutions and wiring diagrams using tools such as CAD, Dialux, Relux, Amtech and 3D Naviswork.
Electrical Design Engineer - Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client’s requirements, fees, and timescales, etc.
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations, and drawings, etc.
- Develop the design through all stages of the project
- Produce design sketches
- Help produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the schedule
- Check QA on design and project work to ensure compliance
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members
- Relevant Qualifications in Building Services and Electrical Engineering
- Ability to use technical packages such as CAD, Dialux, Relux, Amtech and 3D Naviswork.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand & produce detailed technical drawings.
- Confident approach proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations
This a great opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer who is looking to join an established firm who provides a flexible work environment.
Apply now with your latest CV to Steve Powell at Premier Engineering Recruitment.