Salary: Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and leading systems integration specialist within the Energy and related industry sectors. Due to continuous growth and new business my client has an exciting opportunity for an Senior Electrical Systems Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
As an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Controls Engineer you will join the existing team to perform all aspects of design and implementation of Electrical Substation Control & Protection Systems. You must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements, have an understanding of electrical system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in site visits for the purpose of survey.
Senior Electrical Systems Engineer – Responsibilities
- Produce electrical system designs from customer supplied information
- Creating/modifying system drawings, general arrangements, schematics & wiring diagrams etc.
- Produce client design documentation and test documentation
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems
- Working to agreed procedures and standards with configuration and engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Perform site surveys and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Support Site acceptance testing
- Educated to minimum HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Proven background in Electrical Engineering and Electrical System Design
- Computer literate with AutoCAD and Excel experience.
- Experience of substation control & protection systems
- Experience of substation secondary systems panel design
- Experience/Knowledge of IEC61850
- Experience Transmission network substations
- Site Installation and Commissioning experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Experienced in the GE or Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System
- Experience of ABB Control Systems.
- Experience of Protection solutions (GE/Siemens/ABB/SEL)
Sound interesting? This role is open to Senior and Mid-level Engineers. Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Group for further information and apply!