Job Title: Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Great benefits package included
Full Relocation assistance available
Work arrangement: Temporarily Remote, flexible working (start & finish times)
A brilliant and highly recognised engineering organisation based in Edinburgh who have a significant and excellent presence for delivering exceptional products across multiple engineering sectors such as the Electronics Medical Devices, Aerospace/Aviation and many more are now looking to recruit for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to join the business by working in the world class Research Design and Development department with highly gifted individuals who produce, design, and develop world class leading products for the global engineering specialised market.
As the Senior Electronics Design Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering full hardware designs (both analogue and digital hardware) and modelling key components of a design to full optimisation.
Salary & work arrangement:
The salary on offer for successful Senior Electronics Design Engineer is £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience. Although full time office based 5 days a week is preferred, the company is happy to offer a flexible hybrid working policy e.g., 3 days onsite with 2 days office and vice versa. In some circumstances full remote working is not out of the equation as well as 1 day in the office and the rest working from home. Full relocation assistance is available.
Senior Electronics Design Engineer Key Skills:
- 4-7+ years minimum industry experience
- Experience in the full product design lifecycle – from concept to introduction into manufacturing
- Electronics Circuit Design (analogue/digital)
- PCB Design & Schematic Capture
- Schematic Capture experience – Altium, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, OrCAD or similar
- Experience in prototype (circuit) design build and testing.
- A practical hands-on approach to prototype testing and debugging of electronic assemblies
- Experienced in various test and measurement equipment as required for electronics development (Multimeters, DMM, power supplies, oscilloscopes etc)
- Great communication, analytical, problem solving, organizational and teamwork skills
Highly advantageous nice to have skills:
- Test and verification experience, including experience of regulatory approvals such as EMC, Safety and Environmental.
- Embedded Software Development in C programming particularly for embedded systems e.g., ARM cores
- Experience or knowledge of VHDL and FPGA’s.
- Industry experience – Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Aerospace, Defence, Subsea
- 30 days annual leave increasing with length of service. 1 additional day (31 days) after 3 years, another 1 additional day after 5 years (32 days) and 1 additional day after 7 years (33 days)
- Free fruit in the canteen for employees
- Free tea/coffee, use of coffee machine
- Free on site car parking
- On site gym facility, free for employees to use. Open 7am – 7pm and open on weekends too
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution with a minimum employee contribution of 4%
- Technical development
- Induction program and coordinated career development scheme
- Strong mentoring scheme
- Technical Leadership Development program
- Flexible working hours – including early finish on Fridays
- Social Committee
If you are a Senior Electronics Design Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a hugely successful and established engineering business, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for further information.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral