SALARY- £55,000 - 65, 000 annum DOE + Generous benefits scheme
- Undertake the definition, development, testing and modification of software products in support of the company’s research and development activities and commercial deliveries.
- Provide support and mentoring to other Software Developers and Engineers.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures. Guide best practices in technical documentation for the team.
- Strong programming skills in C, C++ and Python
- Hands-on experience software design, maintenance and development experience
- Debug and testing of ARM microprocessors and STM32 microcontrollers
- Bonus experience with Linux / UNIX
- Detailed knowledge of relevant software design, coding, and quality standards.
- Embedded application development for high reliability and high availability systems.
- Use of communication interfaces (Ethernet, RS485, RS232, CAN, LCD)
- Usage of microcontroller peripherals for data acquisition and control for example: USB, I2C, SPI, UART, DMA, I2S, ADC, DAC.
- Familiarity with RTOS families.
- Understanding and usage of communication protocols including TCP/IP, Modbus RTU / TCP.
- Understanding and usage of IoT communication protocols including MQTT.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn next gen wireless protocols like LoraWAN, BlueTooth, and Near Field Communications (NFC).
- Working experience with embedded, IoT and cloud cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with networking, IoT, and cellular infrastructures.