Contract Duration: Temp – Perm (3-6months)
Contract Hourly Rate: £40-50 an hour, depending on skillset & experience
Annual Salary: £50-60,000
Work Arrangement: Hybrid, Worcester
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer is required to join the team to support an exciting new range of innovative products for commercial and construction environments.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer must be an enthusiastic, motivated, and highly knowledgeable Senior Embedded Software Engineer with excellent problem-solving skills to develop software and embedded firmware applications.
Responsibilities of Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Working with software and hardware development engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team and will suit someone who is interested in challenging new technologies
- Creating detailed software documentation, including the development of detailed test plans, software test methodology and procedures that ensure the highest quality product possible
- Providing input for software architecture selection in terms of microcontroller and tool chain platforms based on system requirements
- Testing and diagnosis of software functionality, bug fixing
- Maintaining and developing wireless mesh protocol embedded software
- Working closely with 3rd party suppliers and manufacturing partners
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or software. Masters/PhD is an advantage depending on the experience
- A minimum 10 years of proven experience as a Software Engineer in projects involving 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers in different architectures such as ARM.
- Experience with serial interfaces such as SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485 and TCP/IP.
- C and C++ coding experience and object-oriented programming
- Familiar with coding standards
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- Experience coding using RTOS such as Keil RTX or Free RTOS
- Good understanding of RF
- Familiar with code repository and software lifecycle and tracking using GitHub
- Sufficient hardware knowledge
- Experience with source control systems and bug tracking databases.
- Experience with Battery Powered devices