Sectors: Manufacturing, Aerospace, Medical, IoT, Oil & Gas
Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits Package
A fantastic Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing Engineering specialist organisation based in Edinburgh who have an excellent and significant presence across multiple industries providing highly quality global design and development have a new opening position within their dynamic cross functional engineering team as they are now seeking to hire for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the established business on a permanent basis.
The salary on offer is £40,000 - £55,000 per annum, depending on experience. Interviews are taking place remotely and immediately. The company is currently providing remote work and flexibility throughout the week due to COVID-19, but the successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be expected to return to office full time if there is not a pandemic.
Role: The successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the real time embedded system software design and implementation as well as specifying, performing, and documenting software testing. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will also work within a thriving multi engineering team environment and to be demonstrating effective communications both internally and externally.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer Key Skills:
- 3-5+ years’ experience
- Experience in real time embedded system design and implementation
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Embedded Software programming in C, C++
- Experience working with microcontrollers - MSP430, 8051
- Microprocessors experience for ARM/Intel Atom
- Network Interface – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, GNSS, Wi-Fi-TCP/IP, BLE
- 8, 16 & 32 bit microcontrollers
- Embedded Linux
- Experience of real time operating systems - FreeRTOS, RTEMS, VxWorks
- Device driver development experience
Desirable nice to have skills:
- Version control – SVN, GIT, JIRA, Bitbucket
- Experience of using debugging tools such as ARM debuggers, analysers, and oscilloscopes
- ARM Cortex processors and STM32 Microcontroller experience - Bonus
- Appreciation for Hardware design – Electronics (Analogue/Digital), PCB Design, FPGAs
- Good Python, Java, C#, and .NET skills
- Industry experience – Aerospace, Rail, Defence, Oil & Gas, Medical, IoT
If you or someone you may know that would be interested in this Senior Embedded Software Engineering position, please call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for more information and details.