Job Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Northern Ireland
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits Package
A great opportunity has opened for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join an excellent Global Engineering Specialist company in Northern Ireland who are currently progressive, innovative, and fast-growing.
The salary on offer for the successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer is £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience. Temporary remote work is available, however without a pandemic this will be a full time onsite position.
- As the Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design and implementation of firmware for embedded systems and devices from distinguishing specifications to production and utilization.
- Help design and implement new features and products, working with a great cross functioning team of Electronics engineers, Mechanical and Systems Engineers to create final designs.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer Mandatory Skills:
- Degree, BS/MS in Computer, Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Physics, or similar
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Experience of Embedded Software Development over the full development life cycle
- Experience with microcontrollers and related compilers and debuggers such as Microchip PIC and DsPic
- ARM Microcontrollers
- Network interface - UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet, CAN, RS232/485
- Ability to read electronics schematic diagrams and component datasheets.
- Hands on experience of embedded software and hardware integration, verification, and testing.
- Experience/knowledge with IDEs such as: Eclipse, Keil and IAR
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, Jira
Desirable nice to have skills:
- ARM Cortex Processor experience – M0, M3, M4, M7
- Expereince of test equipment - Oscilloscope, signal generator, JTAG, Emulators, debuggers
- Real Time Operating Systems experience – FreeRTOS, VxWorks, QNX, Linux, MicroC/OS or similar
- Industry experience – Smart Technology, Medical Devices, Aerospace, Defence
If you could be interested in the above role as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.