Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €65K - €70K
Location: Galway, Ireland (relocation support available)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a very exciting, fast paced and rapidly growing manufacturer and integrator of electrification systems. A specialist in design and development of new battery technology for various applications. Due to growth and expansion of the business a key opportunity has been established for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
We are searching for an engineer/leader who is passionate, who is innovative and has great ideas they wish to share.
- Conceptualisation of mechanical structures, assemblies and components of HV battery modules and packs.
- Responsible for the conformance of the battery module mechanical system to agreed requirements.
- Coordination and interaction with the other teams – system, electrical, mechanical, thermal, hardware, testing and sourcing – regarding results, deadlines and tasks.
- Analysis and agreement of requirements in alignment with other teams (DFX).
- Report to technical/mechanical lead on the status of projects.
- Generate reports on mechanical related topics.
- Be a key member of the risk management for battery module, pack design and related mechanical systems.
- Agree and ensure development maturity milestones.
- Writing of technical specifications for suppliers.
- Detail mechanical design of the battery module and pack components.
- Documentation of part specific requirements in drawings and RFQ.
- Tracking of part related open points with suppliers and customers.
- Part related lifecycle responsibility from concept, SOP and support to any open customer quality issues.
- Be the first point of contact for specific, technical part related questions.
- Detail mechanical design of the thermal system parts inside the system.
- Roughly 5+ years’ experience – but must have completed, at a senior level, at least 2 major electromechanical design and development projects from start to finish, ideally in large electromechanical products for batch and/or fully automated production.
- Strong Mechanical Design experience in large electromechanical assemblies, ideally in automotive or aerospace.
- Strong understanding of heat flows and cooling systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of materials, joining techniques and industrialization methods for mechanical systems.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering requirements and its relationship with mechanical integration.
- Skilled in GD&T and Tolerance analysis – simple stack and statistical.
- Full appreciation of the development cycle – has understanding of approaches such as TQM, DFSS.
- Team lead experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quick and efficient issue management.
- Strong personal responsibility.
- Software: 5 years in CAD – SolidWorks or similar.
- HV Battery module design – detailed structural design.
- DFSS green belt accreditation.
- Software: FEA Ansys.