Location: Royston, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
Premier Engineering are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading engineering company based in Royston.
Primarily the role will encompass new product development using core electro-mechanical engineering principles, 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, engineering formulas, equations etc. In this role you will carry out the entire design and development process for new product development projects, with an aim to progress from concept to final production. The company are a leading supplier of complex machinery into a whole host of sectors.
- 3D CAD (Solidworks, Creo, Inventor)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Strong 3D CAD skills
- FEA and general analysis skills
- Validate all designs by prototyping and testing
- Create proven engineering designs
- Carry out DFMA on a routine basis
- Knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes
- Define all plant / equipment / tooling requirements
- Deliver designs to an agreed schedule
- Create regular status reports
- Create and maintain BOMS in ERP system up to the point of product release (numeric issue) after which responsibility transfers to support function
- Create and maintain all drawings related to project(s) being worked on.