JOB- Senior NPI Plastic Process Engineer
SALARY- £40,000-£45,000 plus other benefits
My client is looking for a Senior NPI Plastic Process Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area. The ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of Plastic materials and processing knowledge.
The Senior NPI Plastic Process Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- In depth injection moulding experience, practical and theoretical
- Report writing and presenting findings
- Familiar with safe systems of work and QMS such as ISO9001, ISO14001 & IATF16949
- Strong communication skills to a technical & non-technical environment to internal & external audiences
- Ability to lead a small team of technicians
- High personal standards of engineering integrity with the passion and tenacity to achieve results
The Senior NPI Plastic Process Engineer role will involve:
- Formal handover of the Moulding process at the project team phase to operations in an effective manner
- Prepare equipment specifications for project development or improvement activities
- Support tool trials by ensuring documentation and reporting are updated and shared with team
- Plastic material knowledge essential
- Ensuring a focus on New Products can be manufactured in line with Company requirements for Cost, Quality and Delivery, recommending improvements where required.
- Participate in New product DFMEA & PFMEA
- Processing ECR’s and producing corrective actions, participating in change request reviews
- Provide a formal handover of the following processes to the mouldshop department to include Packaging, Robot and secondary operations, including setting sheets
- Capture Lessons Learnt by Product & Programme and feedback to the Team and Group
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the NPI Engineering Launch Manager
- Support team activities in Kaizen Workshops and Cost Improvement activities.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.