Salary- £45,000 - 70,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location – Hampshire / WestSussex
The Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- At least 5 plus years’ experience in electronics design, preferably power conversion or analogue electronics.
- Knowledge of modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC/DC and AC/DC converters up to approximately 10kW.
- An ability to work on projects with tough product cost targets.
- Experience of simulation software used in electronics design.
- Familiar with mechanical design of power converters, relating to manufacturability, EMI and thermal constraints.
- Design, develop and test DC/DC and AC/DC converters, working closely with Business Development to exceed the expectations of the customers.
- Design analysis (Circuit Simulation, Component Stress Analysis, MTBF, etc)
- Conducting Design Verification Testing (DVT) & Qualification testing of development power supplies for electrical, EMC, mechanical and environmental performance.
- Work closely with our Production and Test Engineering teams to ensure that products are suitable for mass production.
- Resolution of design issues found during DVT & Qualification testing.
- Safety assessments: undertaking safety assessment testing and generation of test reports.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.