Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £42K - £55K DOE plus 10% pension & Bonus Scheme
Industry: Rotating Machinery
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client with a worldwide reputation of innovative solutions for power transmission measurement and test bed systems. Due to an increase in projects and new customers they are recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer on a permanent employment basis. Innovative projects are delivered to high profile customers within highly regulated industries such as; Aero, Automotive, Energy, Oil & Gas.
Ideally you will have experience & background of rotating equipment such as e-motors, axles, generators, aero engines, gearboxes, Powertrain Solutions, turbines, compressors, pumps, turbochargers etc.
A Project Engineer will possess the ability and organisational skills to manage projects to timescales and budget, identifying the technical challenges and implementing solutions. An excellent team player with good interpersonal skills with our customers.
- To run and control multiple engineering jobs and have active involvement in a range of projects, to include interaction with internal departments as required.
- Provide technical liaison from inception to realisation in the specification and / or design, development and commissioning of customer and / or internal projects.
- Diagnose faults and rectify to validate products.
- Ensuring designs meet all legislative requirements necessary and comply with company quality procedures.
- Produce specifications, test documentation and instructions to accurate high standards.
- Assist with commissioning products as required.
- Qualified to either Master or Bachelor degree level in an engineering discipline with regards to mechanical engineering.
- Experience in technical design and CAD, with the ability to produce 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings. (Solidworks but not essential)
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possessing excellent levels of detail and accuracy, and able to shoulder responsibilities.
- Microsoft packages, to include Excel, PowerPoint, Project, to an intermediate standard.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits.
Support to apply and maintain IMechE membership will be available.
• Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
• Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!