SALARY- £30,000-£35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Quality Control Engineer on a permanent basis in the Hampshire area to ensure products are manufactured according to customer specifications and that company Quality targets are hit.
The Quality Control Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC qualified beneficial or experience working in similar role
- 5 years experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Aerospace or Automotive experience beneficial
- CMM experience essential
- Self-motivated individual
- Right first time approach
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Deal with internal non-conformances, ensure suspect stock is quarantined/handsorted/ reworked/scrapped and implement corrective actions as required.
- Preparation of documents for APQP/PPAPs
- Produce and input data for weekly and monthly management review meetings, including investigation of quality issues from the previous week.
- Conduct shop floor audits and sample inspections determined by the Quality Manager as required.
- Verify supplier FAIRS to AS9102
- Collating material compliance data, report writing where necessary
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Champion problem solving with use of RCA tools such as 8D, 5WHY, ISHIKAWA, FMEA’s
- Succeed in driving down rejects eliminating system errors and reduce overall cost of Quality
- Monitor output, quality & scrap rates. Improving OTD performance
- Maintain records of products and approved suppliers
- Continually improve QMS processes