£35,000 to £42,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced quality engineer to join a growing organization, be part of the quality team and be the first point of contact for customers and manufacturing process related problems. Responsibilities will involve ensuring the resolution of these problems as well as supporting the maintenance of the ISO 9001, TS16949 and ISO14001 certification improving process capability and repeatability. The job holder will also be required to support the supplier quality management function in developing a supply base that is world class and that uses improvement techniques consistent with the requirement of the business. Responsible for key customer liaison on quality and reliability related matters, these customers will include our primary OEM's.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, with a keen approach to learning. You are a structured individual with an ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organization. You will bring strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders. You bring good commercial awareness and proactive problem solving skills to ensure business needs are understood and agreed solutions are delivered.
As this is a very hands-on position, we are looking for a person with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You are someone who can work well under pressure, prioritize accordingly and meet tight deadlines. You are pro-active, taking ownership of tasks, and delivering results.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for:
- Improve performance throughout the business and supply chain by implementing world class and best practise techniques.
- Ensure international standards and regulatory compliance such as TS16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO26262, SOX, Conflict Minerals etc throughout the supply chain.
- Address customer requests including APQP issues and complaints from pre-production, production and in-life phases efficiently and effectively to maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Maintain and develop QMS and EMS to provide appropriate information, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- Carry out regular analysis of the quality performance of company products and monitor/support audit sub-contract process engineers and propose changes to enhance the final quality of the service provided.
- Represent the Quality function in all types of CFT's ensuring relevant actions are relayed as appropriate and completed effectively.
- Identify business process development opportunities, plan, co-ordinate and drive the necessary activities to achieve the desired improvements.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in all dealings throughout the entire supply chain and with external contracts, Deputise for V|PQ as appropriate.
- Agree to take an active part in SHEF (Safety, Health, Environment and Fire) and adhere to the relevant policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience dealing with suppliers and sub-contractors
- External and internal auditing experience
- Project Management
- Statistical quality management
- Computer literate (excel, Word wizard)
- SME constraints